Academic Recognition for Professional Learning module (NB30123)
There is an opportunity for a small number of fee waivers on this module via the Scottish Council’s upskilling fund. This offer is to non NHS organisations. If you are interested, please email to the address below providing your organisation and your role.
SCQF Level: SCQF Level 9 (Bachelors)
SCQF Credits: 30 (15 ECTS)
Total Student Effort: 300 hours
Available: September & January
All Registered Health Professionals
Mode of Delivery
Module materials will be made available online and students will be provided with e-activities designed to help them develop their reflective account.
Online activities will include the use of Collaborate Ultra to provide students with a forum where they can discuss their learning with the module team and fellow students.
Students will be given a module facilitator who will support them in the development of the summative assessment.
The aim of the module is to provide students with the opportunity to reflect on continuing professional development activities and evaluate these in the context of their own professional role.
On successful completion of this module, the student will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- Reflect critically on the learning achieved through participation in continuing professional development.
Subject specific practical and intellectual skills and attributes
- Demonstrate how the CPD claim is to be integrated into the proposed award.
Transferable, employability and enterprise skills and attributes
- Examine the quality of the evidence base for practice.*
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of the learning on their professional accountability and responsibility.
*Practice refers to practice, management, research and education.
Reflective assignment (3000 words) which should address the learning activities undertaken by the student, reflect on the learning that has taken place and demonstrate that they have met the learning outcomes for the module.
Module eligibility requirements
- Healthcare and social care professionals registered with a Professional or Statutory Body.
- Recent relevant practice experience or professional learning.
For further information, please contact the School of Health Sciences
Telephone: +44(0)1382 388534