Simulation for Healthcare Education and Practice
The aim of the module is to develop and consolidate students’ understanding/interpretation of simulation to promote and support its application in healthcare education and practice.
By the end of this module, students should be able to:
- Analyse critically educational theories in relation to simulation based education and assessment
- Appraise critically the evidence for the use of simulation for healthcare education and safe practice
- Evaluate critically approaches to feedback and debriefing in simulation education and assessment
- Create, deliver and critique a simulation learning event relevant to their education and/or clinical context
- Reflect critically on the use of simulation in enhancing safe practice in their healthcare workplace