Faculty Development in the Health Professions
The module aims to develop in the student’s scholarship and critiquing skills in the design, delivery and evaluation of faculty development. It will also explore the current research agenda in the area.
By the end of this module, students should be able to:
- Critique the major pedagogic theories and different teaching styles/activities suited to faculty development
- Critically apply these theories to designing faculty development in their own context
- Create, critically select and implement evaluation tools
- Develop mechanisms for continual faculty support
- Synthesise current research literature to develop their own research questions