Construction Management I module (CE40004)
The module is designed to introduce the students to some of the basic techniques used in managing the construction process. The subject commences at the generic level with the aim of providing a foundation for the rest of the construction management stream.
During this module, you will learn and apply skills developed in how to plan and manage construction projects. You will learn about the role of contracts and procurement methods and relationships between clients, designer and contractor and how project risk is managed through tendering and health and safety management. You will also programme a construction project using project management software.
Core Content includes:
- The role of the client, designer and contractor
- Procurement and contracts selection
- Ethics in construction
- Tendering for construction projects
- Whole Life Costing and productivity
- Use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Programming
- Health, safety and risk management to CDM Regulations
- Scheduling and planning construction projects
This module is available on following courses: