Accessibility support for Graduation
Updated on 15 September 2023
If you or your guests have accessibility requirements for Graduation, please let us know in advance so we can make your day run as smoothly as possible.
We will do everything we can to ensure your Graduation experience is not affected if you or your guests have additional requirements.
Please help us to provide what you need by completing the extra help form below.
Caird Hall accessibility information
Graduation takes place at the Caird Hall, a concert venue in Dundee city centre.
The Caird Hall is accessible via the ramps from City Square.
- Once inside the venue there is a lift to the balcony level next to the ramp at the west door.
- Accessible toilets are available on both the stalls and the balcony levels. There is an adult change facility off the main corridor.
- Registered assistance dogs are welcome and staff will be happy to provide water.
- The Caird Hall does not have reserved parking. There is a carpark at the south side, across from Slessor Gardens, that is pay and display.
- Caird Hall Access Guide
Graduating students (Graduands)
During a graduation ceremony, graduating students will normally need to:
- be seated for about two hours
- stand in line for five to ten minutes
- walk up a short set of stairs to the stage
- walk across the stage
- walk down a set of steps at the other side
If these or any other part of the ceremony causes you concern, please complete the form below. Our Graduation team will be in touch to discuss arrangements to make sure you can take part and enjoy the ceremony.
Guests will need to be seated during the ceremony. Guest seating is first come first served and doors open one hour before the ceremony begins. If you have any particular requests, please complete the form and we can discuss possible accommodations. The only seats we can reserve for guests are in the wheelchair bay area so wheelchair users will have priority.
Accessibility support form
Due to the number of students and complexity of graduation ceremonies, please complete this form by Friday 03 November.
+44 (0)1382 385390