This exhibition showcases some of the most recent additions to the University of Dundee Museum Collections. Focusing on art and design, it also features objects relating to medicine and life sciences.
Among the highlights are:
- Artworks acquired from graduating students at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design (DJCAD)
- Designs from the former world-famous Dundee greetings card company Valentine & Sons
- Objects relating to the drug discovery research of Prof Alan Fairlamb
- Original comics art including work by DC Thomson artists Leo Baxendale, John Geering and Barrie Appleby
- One of four paintings by the former Head of Fine Art at DJCAD, Prof Alan Robb (1946-2020), gifted by his family
- Medical equipment used in neurosurgery and ophthalmology
- Examples from a large collection of drawings and designs for public art donated by sculptor and DJCAD alumnus David F Wilson
- A significant sculpture inspired by visionary thinker and polymath Patrick Geddes, donated by the artist Kenny Munro
The exhibition is open Mon-Fri 9.30am-7pm, Sat 11am-4pm. Please note that during weekdays the Tower Building may close earlier than advertised so we advise arriving no later than 5pm.
Find out more about the University of Dundee Museums.