Become a Student Content Creator
Published on 9 January 2023
Student Content Creators will tell prospective students what it is like to live and study in Dundee.
We're excited to be recruiting Student Content Creators who will be based within Marketing in External Relations at the University of Dundee. They will help us tell prospective students what it’s like to live and study in Dundee.
The content you create will vary but examples might include web articles like blogs, social media stories and posts, video content like “a day in the life”, or a photo diary on what excites you about living in Dundee and studying at the University.
Student Content Creators will work a minimum of 5 hours and up to 20 hours work per month and be paid £10.90 per hour.
We are currently working to the following dates:
Information event: 27 September
Join us at 14:00 in Dalhousie (1F01 Env1) for an informal event to find out more about the roles.
Applications close: 8 October
Interviews: 17 and 18 October
Start date: 30 October
Student Content Creator job description
The following tasks will be involved in this role:
- pitching and taking on content ideas as directed by our marketing team
- filming/photographing/writing content and editing it appropriately
- attending monthly meetings to discuss content plans and give your feedback
- learning how to write and produce content for digital platforms.
We are looking for students who have a passion for social media content/video editing, writing and photography.
We expect our Student Content Creators to:
- be a current student at the University of Dundee with at least one year left before graduating
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- have an interest in digital content production
- have a genuine interest in helping prospective students
- be committed and enthusiastic about Dundee and the University
- have good organisational skills with an ability to work to deadline
- have empathy and understanding of the questions prospective students might have when choosing and coming to university
- uphold a positive and professional representation of the University of Dundee
- be reliable and punctual
- behave in a professional manner
In becoming a Student Content Creator, you will:
- get paid to give us your take on what matters to you in a role that is flexible and fits around your studies
- improve your employability and enhance your CV
- gain digital marketing and content creation training, alongside the chance to work with colleagues in the Marketing, Communications and Web teams.
- develop team-working skill and problem-solving skills
- Have fun along the way
Examples of Student Content
Student Content Creator Alison and friend Ellie answer your questions about being a first year student at the University of Dundee.
Meghana, one of our student content creators gives you some handy tips on what to bring when moving to Dundee.
Complete the Student Content Creator application form or email your enquiries to Jill Baty.
Senior Marketing Officer