Archive Services manages and maintains the University of Dundee's manuscripts and records collections. The Archive holds material relating to the University and to individuals, industry and organisations in the Tayside area and beyond.
The main aims of the department are to:
- secure the long-term preservation of the University collections and selected institutional and personal records
- promote the use of the collections to support the core institutional aims of research, teaching and learning
- support the current business of the University through the provision of information from the collections and preserve the University’s corporate memory
- use the collections in marketing and to promote the University
- engage with the local and wider community
Download our Mission Statement and Collection Policy 2013
Our collections are of interest to a wide range of users. You can research education, religion, social, cultural, environmental and business history, medicine and health, local and family history.
The Archive is open to the public as well as to members of the University and access to the records is free.
Archive Services forms part of Archive, Records Management and Museum Services (ARMMS)