Archive Services and Records Management will be closed Tuesday 25 August to Friday 27 August
We will be open again as normal on Monday 31 August. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause
Welcome to the University of Dundee Archive Services. We hold material relating to the University and to individuals, industry and organisations in the Tayside area and beyond.
The Archive is open to all and access to the records is free
If you need to research an essay, an article or book; if you are interested in the people of Tayside, the staff and students of the University; if you would like to explore aspects of the jute and textile industry, study events in Dundee or trace the evolution of the University, the Archive is the place to start.
Our collections are of interest to a wide range of users. You can research education, religion, social, cultural, environmental and business history, medicine and health, local and family history.
Archive Services manages and maintains the University of Dundee's manuscripts and records collections.
The main aims of the department are to:
- secure the long-term preservation of the University collections and selected institutional and personal records
- promote the use of the collections to support the core institutional aims of research, teaching and learning
- support the current business of the University through the provision of information from the collections and preserve the University’s corporate memory
- use the collections in marketing and to promote the University
- engage with the local and wider community
Download our Mission Statement and Collection Policy 2013
Archive Services forms part of Culture & Information