Find out what you'll need to bring for life at the University of Dundee

You'll be able to collect your keys on the day the contract starts.


Have you accepted your accommodation offer and paid your advance payment (£300)? Have we acknowledged your acceptance and payment?
If not, you'll need to come to the Residences Office first.

University accommodation - key collection

Moving in date

You can move in to University managed accommodation from Saturday 11 January (unless otherwise agreed).

Belmont Tower / Belmont Flats / Heathfield

Saturday 11 January - 14:00 - 16:00
Sunday 12 January - contact out of hours number below
Monday to Friday - 09:00 - 17:00

Sanctuary Students Office,
Heathfield, 75 Old Hawkhill
Dundee, DD1 5EN

West Park Villas / West Park Flats

Monday to Friday - 09:00 - 17:00
Any other time
 - contact out of hours number below

West Park Villas reception,
319 Perth Road,
Dundee, DD2 1NN


Monday to Friday - 09:00 - 17:00
Any other time
 - contact out of hours number below

Seabraes reception,
Seabraes Court,
Dundee, DD1 4LA
(located in the last building beside the common room at the end of the driveway).

Contact Sanctuary Students

Monday to Friday - 09:00 to 17:00

 +44 (0)1382 383111

Out of Hours Team (for urgent matters and key collection only)
 +44 (0)7776 298 696


What's already here

  • Kettle
  • Microwave
  • Iron / ironing board

Please DO NOT bring

  • Portable heaters (our flats are centrally heated)
  • Candles
  • Furniture

Get once you're here

You might want to share the cost, or someone else might bring one

  • Toaster
  • TV for living room


Non-University accommodation

If you are staying with a private landlord, please contact them in advance to arrange to collect your keys. They may not be open at the weekend.

Have a look through our suggestions for what to bring with you, what you aren't allowed, and what you can get once you're here. Dundee has lots of supermarkets and department stores so if you forget anything you'll always be able to get it here.


You need to be covered by a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer. This applies to any device and provider you use.

For further details please see the TV Licencing website.


Council Tax

All full-time registered students at the University of Dundee will normally qualify for exemption from council tax. Please visit our web page about council tax for comprehensive information.

Need more help?

Residences Office
  +44 (0)1382 384040