Our role is to provide support and services to investigators, delivering high quality trials from idea conception through protocol development, data management, analysis and onto publication.
TCTU support clinical trials of investigational medicinal products (CTIMPs), non-CTIMPS and complex intervention trials across a range of disease indications and patient populations. As well as supporting trials sponsored locally, TCTU support trials with external sponsors and trials recruiting across the UK and EU and Australia.
To be a locally and international valued trial unit, recognised for high quality delivery of all aspects of clinical trials.
To transform lives by providing evidence for effective management of health and illness worldwide. To achieve this, TCTU will provide a single point of access to the core competencies required for the successful delivery and reporting of clinical trials, combining the expertise of the University of Dundee and NHS Tayside through Tayside Medical Science Centre (TASC).
- Facilitating clinical trials that achieve high impact by informing and improving health management
- Provide high quality support throughout the lifecycle of the trial
- Dissemination of practice and results to the international research community
- Create and build strong relationships with academic and funding partners
- Delivery of trials to mutually agreed timelines and resources
- Generate sufficient surplus to enable reinvestment
- Sufficient capacity and technology to expand delivery of current activities
- Running an in-house research programme around trial methodology and delivery
- Supporting current and future health services researchers in clinical trials methodology and delivery
- Supporting and continuing professional development and learning of TCTU staff
- High performance, inclusive community with shared vision and goals and clear roles and responsibilities
- Attract and develop staff who are valued and supported
- Effective and efficient process for trial design and delivery including PPI
- Provide the best possible environment within the resources available