The Centre for Transformative Change: Educational and Life Transitions (TCELT) is an inter-disciplinary and cross-university research centre.
In line with the University and School priorities, the TCELT Research Centre aims to:
- To undertake world-leading research.
- Provide a focal point for building a critical mass of active international researchers in the area of transformative change and transitions.
- Provide a programme of research and scholarship activities to link up with academic and non-academic communities.
- Establish collaborative networks and activities with external partners in the statutory, private and voluntary sectors both nationally and internationally.
- Make transition experiences as positive as possible by disseminating high quality research that enhances the understanding of the transition process that individuals, families, groups and communities go through, including creation of high quality innovative resources.
- Promote resilience of individuals, families, groups and communities by producing research that impacts positively on policy and practice that supports those navigating life and educational transitions.
- To nurture emerging researchers nationally and internationally.
- Attract high quality national and international postgraduate students, post-docs and visiting scholars.
The vision of the TCELT Research Centre is to have an impact on international research, policy and practice in the context of educational and life transitions, and their implications for well-being through an international network of researchers, professionals and communities.