For Erasmus+ and International Study Exchange
- You are not required to pay tuition fees to your host university
- You are still entitled to your bursaries, grants and loans*
- Tuition fees to University of Dundee should be paid as normal
- UoD Scholarships/bursaries may be affected - for further information on this contact our Student Funding Unit
- For US students in receipt of Federal Loans. You cannot undertake a period of exchange/study abroad back to the US. The exchange partner institution you attend must be Federal Loan approved institution. Check this with our Registry prior to accepting the offer of an exchange. Refer to Student Aid website for further information.
Cost You are Responsible For
- Visa and Health Insurance (required by host university)
- General living costs
University of Dundee Go Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship application is now closed. This year we were able to award 24 scholarships of £1,250 per semester to successful applicants.
If you are a Mechanical Engineering student and have joined IMechE (Institution of Mechanical Engineers), they sometimes offer Scholarships to support studying abroad. For more information please contact the IMechE representative in the School of Science and Engineering, Dr Keith Johnston.
Stevenson Exchange Scholarships
- For study abroad in France, Germany or Spain.
- Undergraduates – not more than 25 years old
- Not restricted to language students
Now available for 2021/2022. Find out more information about the
- Each year BUTEX awards a number of Scholarships to student studying abroad on an international exchange
- BUTEX informs us when Scholarships are available, and we contact relevant students
Partner University Scholarships
- Some international partners offer Scholarships to inbound exchange students
- Information is generally available on partner website
Other External Scholarships
- You should conduct independent research to determine if there are foundations set up in your home country/region of the UK that provide study abroad Scholarships
- In the past students have been able to identify these and receive an award
- A simple google search will bring up a surprising number of opportunities