The Erasmus+ student mobility grant is non means tested and all students who are approved by their School and the Go Abroad Team  to take part in an Erasmus+ Study or Traineeship mobility are eligible to receive the mobility grant.

The mobility grant is a contribution to assist with the extra costs of studying abroad. It will not cover all your costs.

Erasmus+ Study Mobility Grant 2020/2021

Country

Monthly grant allocation

Group 1 Countries (high cost of living)
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Sweden, Liechtenstein, Norway

€420

Group 2 Countries (medium cost of living)
Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Netherlands, Malta, Portugal

€370

Group 3 Countries (low cost of living)
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Macedonia, Turkey

€370

Disadvantaged Student Monthly Supplement

There is an extra monthly supplement of €120 for students who come under this category. If you are approved for Erasmus+, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire on eligibility criteria

Erasmus+ Traineeship Mobility Grant 2020/2021

Country

Placement monthly grant allocation

Group 1 Countries (high cost of living)
Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway

€520

Group 2 Countries (medium cost of living)
Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Netherlands, Malta, Portugal

€470

Group 3 Countries
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic,  Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Macedonia, Turkey

€470 

Disadvantaged Student Grant Monthly Supplement

There is an extra monthly supplement of €20 for students who come under this category. If you are approved for Erasmus+ you will be asked to complete a questionnaire on eligibility criteria.

How the Erasmus grant is paid

For full-year mobilities, 80% of the total grant allocation is paid  shortly after you have started your mobility. 10% is paid at the start of your second semester and the remaining 10% is paid after the end of the mobility 

For single semester placements, 80% of the total grant allocation is paid shortly after you have started your mobility., and the remaining 20% is paid after the end of the mobility. 

All payments are subject to the submission of Erasmus+ formal documentation and the terms and conditions of your Erasmus+ Mobility Grant Agreement.

Special Needs support

Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially, financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without extra financial support. This is to ensure that you can take full advantage of an Erasmus+ Mobility Experience.

In holding the Erasmus+ Charter the University is committed to ensuring equal access and opportunities to participants from all backgrounds. Therefore, students with physical, mental or health-related conditions can benefit from the support services that the host institution offers to its local students and staff.

For your access needs during your mobility, you can apply for an additional Erasmus+ grant for students and staff with physical, mental or health-related conditions in addition to the standard Erasmus mobility grant. In preparation of your Erasmus+ mobility, you should indicate your needs and foreseen extra costs linked to your physical, mental or related health-conditions, to apply for the Erasmus+ special needs support grant.

Areas that could be eligible for additional support linked to your Erasmus+ mobility, according to individual needs, include but are not limited to: adapted accommodation, travel assistance, medical attendance, supportive equipment, the adaption of learning material, an accompanying person etc.

Please contact the Erasmus Institutional Co-ordinator for further information if you are interested in an Erasmus+ mobility and have special needs.

Have a look at MappED, an online tool developed by the Erasmus Student Network (ESN), mapping the accessibility of higher education institutions and their services to make informed choices about your mobility destination. Please remember that you do need to choose a suitable partner destination from the University of Dundee Erasmus partner portfolio.