Commonwealth Scholarships 2019
Applications for this scholarship are now closed. Applications for 20/21 entry will be announced later in 2019.
1 year tuition fees, stipend and living costs
Level of Study
Mode of Study
Country of domicile
To apply for this scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
If you applying for a PhD scholarship, in addition to the above you must also:
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2019
- NOT have commenced and be currently registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, in your home country or elsewhere
For full information on this scholarship, please visit the following links:
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Page
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships Page
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships Terms and Conditions
How to Apply
You must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application. For a full list including contact details, visit http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/national-nominating-agencies
- Selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies. For a full list, visit http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/nominating-ngos
All applications must be made through one of the listed nominating bodies. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process and may have additional eligibility criteria. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, and for their own closing date for applications.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system. Information on how to use the online application system is available at http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/masters-scholarships.
All applications, must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 19 December 2018 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
All queries relating to this scholarship should be directed to email@example.com. All enquiries will be responded to in a timely fashion by a member of the University Enquiry Team.
If you are a current student and have any questions about any payments relating to this scholarship, then you will need to contact Commonwealth directly.