Scotland Welcomes India Scholarship
February 2018. This scholarship is for our 18/19 academic year.
Architecture and Urban Planning, Computing, Geography / Environmental Science, Medicine
Level of Study
Mode of Study
Country of domicile
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be classified as International/Overseas for your fee status
- Not have completed your undergraduate degree at a Scottish University
- Have Indian citizenship, and reside in India
- Have an offer of entry for September 2018 from the University of Dundee for one of the following programmes – Data Science, Medical Imaging or Sustainability
- Be available to attend scholarship events during your time in Scotland, in October 2018 and May 2019
This year, in conjunction with Universities Scotland and the Scottish Government, the University of Dundee is offering 1 student the opportunity to receive a £10,000 scholarship. This will be deducted from your tuition fees and is payable for 1 year programmes only.
The programme “Scotland’s universities welcome India” was created in December 2017 after an official visit to India by Deputy First Minister John Swinney. There is a variety of opportunities available to Indian students which is spread across 19 of Scotland’s universities, with a £200,000 scholarship pot created giving up to 20 students a scholarship of £10,000 for 2018 entry.
There will be a Welcome Event for the successful applicant in October 2018, followed by a farewell event in May 2019, where applicants from all 19 institutions will come together.
This scholarship is only available as a discount your tuition fees, so other costs involved in coming to Scotland (for example travel and visa costs) you will have to fund.
How to Apply
First, please make sure you meet the above eligibility criteria.
Our scholarship panel will then meet to review applications and a decision communicated within 4 weeks.
For all enquiries, whether pre or post application, please email email@example.com using Scotland Welcomes India as your subject heading. If you have applied for your programme already, please make sure you include your student ID.