We offer academic English tuition to international students. We run a variety of language courses throughout the academic year to help you get the most out of your studies.
If you have not yet met the English entry requirements for a degree programme at the University, we offer summer and autumn Pre-sessional programmes.
If you are currently a student on a degree programme and would like to continue developing your English language skills, we have a range of In-sessional classes which run throughout the academic year.
Our courses will prepare you for university study and provide extra English language tuition.
- Pre-sessional English for International Students - 14 weeks (online)
- Pre-sessional English for International Students - 8 weeks (online)
- Pre-sessional English for International Students - 4 weeks (online)
Studying in a language that is not your first is challenging.
This programme is designed to help you with the language and academic skills you need to meet that challenge. Students attending the In-sessional programme typically choose one or two from the following classes:
- academic writing
- academic speaking
- academic listening and note-taking
- language forum
- vocabulary building
- seminar skills
- grammar review
Admission to the programme is open to all students and staff whose first language is not English. The best time to join it is in your first semester.
Classes will start at 9am and will finish by 3pm.
All classes and tutorials will be scheduled according to GMT (UK time zone).
English for International Students is offering individual drop-in sessions to support International students who have questions about anything to do with Academic English.
Are you having difficulties with:
- Language and structure/organisation of information in Coursework or a Dissertation?
- Exam preparation and writing exam answers?
- Academic Reading?
- Just want some general language advice?
These will be available when the University re-opens.