The Student Support Team are here to help with issues or challenges that are impacting on your studies or yourself personally at University.
We can offer you the help and support you need to stay on course. A member of the Student Support Team is always available in the Enquiry Centre, and you do not need an appointment to come and talk, in confidence, about the issues you are facing. If you would prefer to make an appointment you can do so. Appointments are also available via Skype or telephone.
The Student Support Team is made up of 5 core members:
- Joan Muszynski, Student Support Advisor (Campus)
- Dawn Walker, Student Support Advisor (Residences)
- Stuart Butler, Accommodation/Support Worker
- Sarah Browne, Support Worker (Wellbeing and Sexual Violence Prevention)
- Michael Allardice, Student Support, Academic Skills Tutor & Honorary University Chaplain
Each member of our team has different specialisms, but we all offer support for a wide range of issues including:
- Staying on course with your studies
- Changing course
- Managing stress
- Difficulties with anxiety and/or depression
- Issues with flatmates/accommodation
- Personal difficulties
- Gender Based Violence
- Peer Support
We will, of course, refer you to any specialist help within the University or externally as required.
Stay on Course
In conjunction with the Academic Schools we run the Stay On Course programme to help you to keep on track with your studies. The Student Support Team will discuss, in confidence, with you what help and support is available and will work with you on a Stay on Course plan for you to follow that will help you get back on track.
Once you are back on track and things improve for you; we will still keep in contact occasionally, to offer friendly encouragement and to ensure that you continue to progress in your studies.For more information about the Stay On Course programme please see our pages For Students and For Staff.
Student Support Team
The Enquiry Centre
- 9am -5pm, Monday-Friday
- 10am -5pm, Wednesday
- +44 (0)1382 381900