'Spend healthy - live healthy'
3rd - 7th February 2020
NASMA's National Student Money Week 2020 (NSMW20), supported by Blackbullion in partnership with Pingit, will be held across all 4 nations of the UK between 3rd-7th February 2020, and the theme this year is 'Spend healthy - live healthy'.
This year's campaign is all about increasing your awareness about what habits you can change and implement, to be happier, healthier, and more sustainable spenders.
- That's your money sorted: The Pingit app can help you keep your money organised and develop healthy financial habits, while still living life to the fullest - exactly as a student should! You can pay for things, collect money from friends, and even creat jars to store money for special occasions, or things you might need ... like books or paying rent.
- How it works - Everbody's in. Simply link Pingit to your UK bank account. Then use the app to send and request money - you can even send money to people who aren't on Pingit. You can spend (and track your spend) as you go.
- Pingit jars - Jam-packed with whatever you want. 'Jars' are an easy way to manage your money by keeping your day-to-day banking separate from money put aside for specific things. You just create a jar, name it, and start putting money into it. So you could put aside a little bit of money each week for a festival in the summer, or an end-of-term meal. Because this money is safely in a jar, you can't accidentally spend it. But you can order a card or payment device (like a key for) which you can use to spend ONLY money in a specific jar.
- Get started by downloading!
Come along to our stall on Tuesday 4th or Thursday 6th February to collect your NSMW #ZeroWasteJar from Student Funding. We'll be on level 2 of DUSA (Balfour Street entrance) from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm both days.
- Collect a NSMW #ZeroWasteJar from Student Funding (dates and location above);
- Prepare a meal using one of the provided recipes, or create your own!
- Share your jar picture on Instagram-
- Add #ZeroWasteJar #NSMW
- Follow and tag @Blackbullion
- Follow and tag #dundeeuni
- Follow and tag @dusatheunion
You must do all of these steps to qualify for the competition. If you don't tag our university and DUSA, we won't know which uni you are from!
You can enter the competition as many times as you like. Our campus winner will get a fitness tracker and the country-wide winner will win Dr Dre Beats. Sponsored by @blackbullion.
Welcome to the NSMW-Little Book of sustainable money habits.
This book will teach you how to make better, more sustainable financial decisions. The climate is changing, and our habits make an impact. Sustainable habits make a sustainable world. We've only got one planet, and the healthier it is, the healthier we will be.
Don't be fooled into thinking sustainable living is more expensive. Living sustainably is about buying only what you need, reusing what you have, avoiding waste, and making things last - all of which is good for your bank balance, and good for the earth.
Good habits form over time - don't beat yourself up if you're not perfect straight away. Every little counts, and with practice, you'll soon find yourself making better, more sustainable financial decisions without even thinking about it. Some habits might only seem small, but making small changes can really add up. Some might seem big, but a big change up front can really pay off over time.
Student Funding Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter - just enter your details into our 'Join our Mailing List' section to receive up-to-date advice, guidance and money-saving tips.