If you find yourself in the position of needing financial assistance during the long vacation and you are a continuing student, please download our Summer Vacation Application Form. All applications, evidencing the impact of Covid-19 and your financial situation, will be considered.
Priority will be given to those students who have not received financial assistance so far in academic year 2019/20
You may be allocated an award to assist you with your general living costs, however assistance will not be given towards Tuition Fees. Any funds awarded will be paid directly to your UK bank account. The Student Funding Unit has a duty to protect the public funds it administers and complies with financial audit requirements.
Due to Covid-19 and the closure of the University, we can only accept applications for Financial Assistance via email.
- Please follow the instructions below and on our Documentation we need webpage and submit all to our firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Please provide your supporting documentation in the form of PDFs and clearly titled e.g. HSBC statement June or Rent Evidence etc. so that we can upload them.
- Please do not save your application or supplementary documentation to OneDrive/Sharepoint as we cannot access this saved documentation.
- You must read our Application Declaration before digitally signing the application form.
- Please use your dundee.ac.uk email address to submit applications.
If you have completed your studies, we are not able to financially assist you, and would advise you to contact your local Citizens Advice Scotland branch so they can provide you with guidance on how to apply for the benefits you may be eligible for.
The Student Funding Unit will endeavour to process your application within 15-20 working days of receipt of your fully completed application and documentation.
We will only contact you via your dundee.ac.uk email address - please therefore ensure that you check this email account after submitting your application for any further information we may require. If we have not received this further information in 7 working days, your application will be cancelled and you will be required to submit another application.
The Student Funding Unit will endeavour to process your application within 15-20 working days of receipt of a full application. During busy periods it may not be possible to meet this time-scale; however every attempt will be made to process your application as quickly as possible. We will only contact you via your dundee.ac.uk email address - please therefore ensure that you check this email account after submitting your application for any further information we may require.
Please note that the last date we can accept a Summer application is Friday 31st July 2020.