Some schools have their own absence policy, please check before completing this form.
- All sections of the form to be completed
- The form must be printed off and signed before forwarding onto your School Office
- The University Health Service will only provide a doctor's letter (if appropriate) if the student has actually been seen by medical/nursing staff, whilst unwell. Letters will not be given retrospectively
- University Student Self Certificates will not be accepted for exams
Details of Absence
- The self certificate only covers the first 7 days of absence
- If absence is longer than 7 days contact School Secretary for information on School Absence Policy
- GPs have no obligation to provide 'sick notes'
- A GP may provide evidence of illness but will charge for this service
- Remember to include weekends and days on which you were not timetabled to attend in the dates of absence
Reason for Absence
- Try to give as many details as possible
- Words like unwell or illness are not acceptable