Is it an emergency?

If you are off-campus and it’s an emergency please call the emergency services on 999.

If you are on campus and it’s an emergency which requires an ambulance please call the Security emergency line on 4141 or 01382 384141 and the Security Team will connect you to an ambulance.

If no ambulance is required please contact the Security Team on 01382 385850 or if you are close by to one of the Assistance points installed around campus, press the red button to be connected to the Security Team.


If you decide you want to report this incident to the police please call 101 if it is a non-emergency situation or 999 if it is an emergency situation. If it is a non-emergency situation and you would like support to report this to the police, please contact the Student Support Team at the Enquiry Centre. You might also want to speak to one of the external organisations listed in the section 'support off-campus' to discuss making a report to the police.

Police Scotland have prepared some advice on sexual crimes and domestic abuse. We think that you might find the following links useful when considering whether or not to report to the police:

Police investigations and, if applicable, the court process can take some time to complete and it’s, therefore, important that you set up support during this period either on or off-campus. You might also find the Scottish Government’s publication about help and support after a rape or sexual assault helpful.

For cases of rape or sexual assault, you might feel unsure about reporting to the police but would like to keep this option open in the future. It is important that forensic evidence is gathered within 7 days of the incident having taken place but within this 7 day period, you might feel unsure about reporting to the police. You might, therefore, think about approaching The Sexual Assault Referral Network which offers the opportunity for you to have forensic evidence taken and stored without having to report to the Police.

If you have experienced gender-based violence and the perpetrator was another student or member of staff you might want to report this to the University of Dundee. We take all reports of gender-based violence seriously and it could lead to the incident being investigated under the Student Discipline Procedure.

If you want to report an incident please contact the Enquiry Centre in the first instance where you will meet with a member of the Student Support Team. Alongside a member of the Student Support Team you will complete a form which will then be sent to the Director of Student Services or their nominee.

If a criminal investigation of the same incident is underway, the University might wait to conduct its own investigation to ensure it does not interfere in due process. However, where there might be any immediate safety concerns, the University would act.

If you do not want to name the perpetrator then please be aware that the action the University can take will be limited. Support will still be available to you and your right not to reveal the name or details of the perpetrator will be respected. You might want to contact Crimestoppers where you can make an anonymous report.