What you do outside of your studies is just as important as what you do while learning
Here at the University of Dundee we are all part of a unique, Connected Community. Getting involved in extra-curricular activity and volunteering means you can take a well-deserved break from the library, look after yourself, and develop your transferable skills along the way. This looks fantastic on your CV and will impress employers – they aren’t looking for just degrees. Engage in our Connected Community to maximise your potential and get the most out of studying with us.
Why get involved?
- There are so many amazing activities to choose from – get involved and build your sense of belonging with likeminded individuals.
- Taking a break from study is 100% necessary. Look after yourself and reduce stress.
- Maximise your employability potential – have things to talk about on your CV and at job interviews other than your studies.
- Become eligible for an employability or volunteering award from the University.
- Learn new skills, make new friends, and become a part of something bigger.
Are you looking to get involved in extra-curricular activity but don’t know where to start?
Use our SWITCH service for a one-to-one referral to help you discover what interests you most and gain a helping hand in reaching out to an activity you want to do.
Resources for our Connected Community
Be recognised for your extracurriculars
The best thing about being involved outside your studies is that you can gain an award for it. Dundee Plus will help you develop skills that employers are looking for, get recognition for these skills, and communicate your skills and achievements.
Record your extracurriculars
Write down a short reflection on what you’ve been doing outside the classroom. This could be society/sports club involvement, casual volunteering, being a student rep, or just helping out in the community. You may be eligible to receive an OpenBadge as record of your achievements.