What you do outside of your studies is just as important as what you do while learning
Well Together #ConnectedCommunity
February - Mid-March 2021
Well Together has been developed to engage our staff and student community to take part in various activities, and encourage you to take time out of your day and do something for yourself. Highlighting activities that are happening at the University - with a few extras thrown in.
Here at the University of Dundee we are all part of a unique, Connected Community. Getting involved in extra-curricular activity and volunteering means you can take a well-deserved break from the library, look after yourself, and develop your transferable skills along the way. This looks fantastic on your CV and will impress employers – they aren’t looking for just degrees. Engage in our Connected Community to maximise your potential, have fun, and get the most out of studying with us.
Why get involved?
- There are so many amazing activities to choose from – get involved and build your sense of belonging with likeminded individuals.
- Taking a break from study is 100% necessary. Look after yourself and reduce stress.
- Maximise your employability potential – have things to talk about on your CV and at job interviews other than your studies.
- Become eligible for an employability or volunteering award from the University.
- Learn new skills, make new friends, and become a part of something bigger.
SWITCH - Find something for you
Are you looking to get involved in extra-curricular activity but don’t know where to start? Have you never thought of getting involved, or think extra-curricular activities are not for you?
Use our SWITCH service for a one-to-one referral to help you discover what interests you most and gain a helping hand in reaching out to an activity you want to do. Our service is open to everyone, whatever course, year, or background you have so why not get in touch now.
Resources for our Connected Community
The benefits from being active are well documented, the positive impact on our physical and mental health to learning new skills, making new friends and improving your employability status. Recent studies show that being active will have a positive impact also on your studies during your academic career. The University has everything you need to start.
SWITCH on and get active
Join a society, sports club, volunteer or learn a new skill.
- Art and culture
- Student societies
- Learn new professional skills
- Doctoral Academy research community
- Volunteer opportunities
Day to day support services
Student services offer day to day support for both staff and students to help get you active in our university and the wider Dundee connected community.
- Disability Services
- Counselling, Gender based violence, Nightline
- Student finance and study support
- Self-isolation guide