Postgraduate students may wish to leave campus to further their studies. This can include conducting fieldwork or attending a conference. The University of Dundee supports students taking such opportunities. These can broaden your experiences and develop new skills.
While you are away, you remain a matriculated student who we are required to monitor by the UKVI. Time away to study must be approved by your supervisor in advance. They would ask that you complete the Off Campus Study Request Form.
If you are planning on studying off campus for longer than a month, the Immigration Compliance Officer will also have to sign off on the absence. We are required to do so as we have an obligation to report changes of study location to the Home Office. This is a legal requirement but does not affect your visa status.