PhD Studentship – Digital Marketing
The School of Social Sciences is pleased to announce a fully-funded studentship in Digital Marketing, within the University of Dundee School of Business.
As part of the School of Social Sciences, the successful candidate will benefit from the expertise a large, diverse and growing school brings. The candidate will also be encouraged to connect their work with others across the University and beyond and will be supported in this by the interdisciplinary Institute for Social Sciences Research.
Applicants are expected to have an excellent undergraduate degree and have successfully completed a Masters degree in a relevant area from a UK university, or have comparable qualifications from another recognised higher education institute. Previous work experience in marketing is desirable, ideally within the field of brand management.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate evidence of self-motivation and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals.
The role will involve some teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. An international outlook, emotional intelligence, highly developed cultural awareness, and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
We particularly welcome applications including, but not limited to, the following areas of digital marketing:
-the role of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR)
-social media marketing and influencer marketing
-digital asset management
What does the studentship include?
The studentship is open for home, EU and overseas applicants on a full-time basis only and includes: (overseas applicants are welcome to apply, but will be required to pay the difference between the home/EU rate and the overseas rate).
• Full home/EU rate tuition fees for 3 years
• Annual stipend of £14,777 (increases annually in line with ESRC rates)
• £2,000 per annum student travel allowance
• £1,000 per annum conference allowance
• £1,000 per annum project consumables allowance
The award of a studentship will be based on a competitive selection process and its renewal for each subsequent year over the three-year course of study will be strictly subject to satisfactory progress.
How to apply
Please apply directly to
PhD-SocialSciences@dundee.ac.uk with the following documents:
• Proposal (3,000-5,000 words) to include discussion of research aims, key literature and proposed approach
• A summary CV
• Letter of application (personal statement)
Please include #udsbstudentship and your full name in the subject line.
Monday 10th September 2018
The University of Dundee is a highly attractive place to conduct doctoral research:
- We are one of the World's Top 200 universities, according to Times Higher Education.
- We are one of the UK's top rated universities for student experience and graduate employment, making Dundee one of the best places to study in the United Kingdom.
- We are also ranked among Europe's most innovative universities, coming top in the UK in the Nature Innovation Index 2017 and in the top five among Reuters' 'Most Innovative Universities'.