PhD Studentships – School of Social Sciences
Published On Thu 8 Mar 2018
The School of Social Sciences is pleased to announce 3 fully-funded studentships across the following disciplines:
- Accounting & Finance
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP)
- Economic Studies
- Geography & Environmental Science
- Management Studies
- Town & Regional Planning
As part of a large, growing and supportive research community, the successful candidate will also benefit from being a member of the Institute of Social Science Research and the wider University research community.
Applicants are expected to have an excellent undergraduate degree and have successfully completed a Masters degree in a relevant area from a UK university, or have comparable qualifications from another recognised higher education institute.
We particularly welcome applications based on our interdisciplinary research themes:
- Health, work and wellbeing
- Environment and resilience
- Security, justice and human rights
- Children, family and relationships
- Governance and regulation
- Understanding identity and behaviour
- We are one of the World’s Top 200 universities, according to Times Higher Education.
- We are one of the UK’s top rated universities for student experience and graduate employment, making Dundee one of the best places to study in the United Kingdom.
- We are also ranked among Europe’s most innovative universities, coming top in the UK in the Nature Innovation Index 2017 and in the top five among Reuters’ ‘Most Innovative Universities’.
What does the studentship include?
The studentship is open for home and overseas applicants on a full-time basis only and includes:
• Full home/EU rate* tuition fees for 3 years
• Annual stipend of £14,553 (increases annually in line with ESRC rates)
• £3,000 per annum student travel allowance
• £1,500 per annum conference allowance
• £1,750 per annum project consumables allowance
The award of a studentship will be based on a competitive selection process and its renewal for each subsequent year over the three-year course of study will be strictly subject to satisfactory progress.
* Overseas applicants are welcome to apply, but will be required to pay the difference between the home/EU rate and the overseas rate.
How do I apply?
Please apply directly to
PhD-SocialSciences@dundee.ac.uk with the following documents:
• Proposal (3,000-5,000 words) to include discussion of research aims, key literature and proposed approach
• A summary CV
• Letter of application (personal statement)
Please include #uodstudentship and your full name in the subject line.
15th April 2018 at 17:00
We suggest that you contact Dr Theresa Dunne, Director of Doctoral Studies at email@example.com in advance of your application.
The University of Dundee is an established university with a progressive and dynamic outlook. Our international reputation attracts top-class students and academics from across the world, with well over 100 countries represented in the University community.
Download this information as a pdf:SoSS Studentship Leaflet 2018