Overview of Forensic Odontology
A week long online introduction to Forensic Odontology with ten hours of lectures and discussion
Course dates: Monday 20 June - Friday 24 June 2022
Over the last decade, Forensic Odontology entered the spotlight of science influenced by globalization and natural disasters that required the identification of the living and the deceased, respectively. Clinicians and dental students noticed the need for advanced and proper training in the field. The University of Dundee has a history of providing formal education in Forensic Odontology combining traditional knowledge and contemporary technology.
Our Overview of Forensic Odontology is designed to provide interested students with an online introduction monitored by experienced instructors. Maintaining continuing education with high-quality courses throughout challenging times is the goal of our team.
There are five two-hour lectures with discussions
- Introduction and history of forensic odontology
- Dental charting methods in forensic odontology
- Dental age estimation of children and adolescents
- Forensic radiology in dental human identification
- Bridging gaps with current research in forensic odontology
Contact our applicant enquiry team