Dr Leon Chernin
Lecturer in Civil Engineering
- Tel: 01382 384922
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Leon Chernin Division of Civil Engineering Fulton Building, Room J15 University of Dundee Nethergate Dundee DD1 4HN
Dr Leon Chernin joined the University of Dundee as a Lecturer in 2012. He received his MEng in 1998 and MSc in 1999 from Samara State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Samara, Russia).
He subsequently undertook an MSc degree at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa,Israel), during 2000-2004. It included research on delamination buckling of a beam attached to a rigid substrate. He was awarded a PhD degree by the Technion in 2008 for work on the effect of corrosion on the concrete-reinforcement interaction in reinforced concrete beams. During 2008-2012 he worked as a research associate at Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh,UK).
- Durability and structural/material deterioration of reinforced concrete
- Behaviour of concrete structures subjected to extreme loads such as blast loads
- Structural and durability issues related to marine renewables
- Val, D.V. and Chernin, L. (2012), 'Cover Cracking in Reinforced Concrete Elements due to Corrosion’, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 8(6) 569-581.
- Chernin, L., Val, D.V. and Stewart, M.G. (2011) ‘Prediction of cover crack propagation in reinforced concrete structures caused by corrosion’, Magazine of Concrete Research, 63(1) 1-17.
- Chernin, L. and Val, D.V. (2011) ‘Prediction of corrosion-induced cover cracking in reinforced concrete structures’, Construction and Building Materials, 25(4) 1854–1869.
- Chernin, L., Val, D.V. and Cairns J. (2010) ‘A new numerical model of corroded steel-concrete interface’, Magazine of Concrete Research, 62(6) 415-425.
- Chernin, L., Val, D.V. and Volokh, K. (2010) ‘Analytical modelling of concrete cover cracking caused by corrosion of reinforcement’, Materials and Structures, 43(4) 543-556.
- Val, D.V. and Chernin, L. (2009) ‘Serviceability Reliability of Reinforced Concrete Beams with Corroded Reinforcement’, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 135(8) 896-905.
- Val, D.V., Chernin, L. and Stewart, M.G. (2009) ‘Experimental and numerical investigation of corrosion-induced cover cracking in RC structure’, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 135(4) 376-385.
- Chernin, L. and Volokh, K.Y. (2004) ‘Simulation of thin film delamination under thermal loading’, Computers, Materials and Continua, 1(3) 259-273.