Dr Fordyce Davidson
Professor of Mathematics
- Tel: 01382 384692
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 203, Micro-computing Centre Department of Mathematics, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 4HN.
Fordyce Davidson obtained a PhD in Mathematics from Heriot-Watt University in 1993. He took up a permanent position at the University of Dundee in 1997 and became Professor of Mathematics in 2015.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, is an Executive Editor of the Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A and is on the Editorial Boards of the IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics and Fungal Ecology. He was Director of The Nonlinear and Complex Systems Group in the Northern Research Partnership and a Berkeley Award winner and past Vice President of the British Mycological Society.
Read more on his personal webpage.
His research interests spread across two complementary areas:
- The quantitative study of biological systems
- The analysis of differential equations models arising from biology
Most of his recent work has been aimed at developing a better understand of the collective behaviour of microbes. In parallel he continues to work on understanding the solution structure of ordinary, partial and functional differential equations; in particular, reaction-diffusion-convection systems, arising from a variety of biological applications.
For further details go here.
- Savory A.I.M., Grenville-Briggs, L.J., Wawra S., van West P. and Davidson F.A. Auto-aggregation in zoospores of Phytophthora infestans: the cooperative roles of bioconvection and chemotaxis, J. R. Soc.Interface, 11: 20140017 (2014)
- Jaffar M.Z. and Davidson F.A., Basic rules for polarised cell growth, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 336, 44-51 (2013)
- Davidson F.A., Seon-Yi C. and Stanley-Wall N.R., Selective heterogeneity in exoprotease production by Bacillus subtilis, PLoS One 7, e38574 (2012)
- Alzahrani, E.O., Davidson F.A. and Dodds, N., Reversing invasion in bistable systems, Journal of Mathematical Biology 65, 1101-1124 (2012)
- Mistry, H.B., MacCallum, D.E., Jackson, R.C., Chaplain, M.A.J. and Davidson, F.A. Modelling the temporal evolution of the spindle assembly checkpoint and role of Aurora B kinase, PNAS 105 (51), 20215-20220 (2008)
A full list is available here.