- 2013 onwards: Reader in Physics and Life Sciences, School of Engineering, Physics & Mathematics, University of Dundee
- 2010 – 2013 Academic research fellow in Medical photonics, School of Medicine, University of St Andrews
- 2007 – 2010 Post-doctoral research assistant in the group of Professor Kishan Dholakia, School of Physics & Astronomy, University of St Andrews
- 2003 – 2007 Junior scientist at the Institute of Scientific Instruments Brno ASCR (postdoc since 2006) in the group of professor Pavel Zemanek
My initial scientific background is Physics but throughout my scientific career I took part in a variety of inter-disciplinary projects in Bio-Medical photonics, mostly related to optical manipulation, specialized holography, microscopy and cell biology.
My activities covered many research aspects including fundamental studies of laser propagation in complex and random media, light interactions with colloidal ensembles, and biological matter, development of complex experimental systems for optical manipulations, imaging and nano-surgery or highly specialized applications in cell biology research. Within my projects I have been exploiting state-of-the-art technologies of lasers, holographic light modulators microscopy and electronics. Since 2009 my research activities are defined by establishing a new branch of holographic photonics in complex environments.
- G. A. Goetz, Y. Mandel, R. Manivanh , D. V. Palanker and T. Cizmar, “Holographic Display Systemfor Restoration of Sight to the Blind,” JOURNAL OF NEURAL ENGINEERING 10, 1056021 (2013).
- O. Brzobohaty, V. Karasek, M. Siler, L. Chvatal, T. Cizmar, and P. Zemanek, “Experimental demonstrationof optical transport, sorting and self-arrangement using a “tractor” beam,NATURE PHOTONICS 7, 123–127 (2013).
- T. Cizmar, and K. Dholakia, “Exploiting multimode waveguides for pure fibre-based imaging,” NATURE COMMUNICATIONS 3, 1027 (2012).
- M. Ploschner, T. Cizmar, M. Mazilu, A. Di Falco, and K. Dholakia “Bidirectional Optical Sorting of Gold Nanoparticles,” NANOLETTERS 12, 4329–4332 (2012).
- T. Cizmar, and K. Dholakia, “Shaping the light transmission through a multimode optical fibre: complex transformation analysis and applications in biophotonics,” OPTICS EXPRESS 19, 18871–18884 (2011).
- T. Cizmar, M. Mazilu, and K. Dholakia, “In situ wavefront correction and its application to micromanipulation,”NATURE PHOTONICS 4, 388–394 (2010).
- D. J. Carnegie, T. Cizmar, J. Baumgartl, F. J. Gunn-Moore, and K. Dholakia, “Automated laser guidance of neuronal growth cones using a spatial light modulator,” JOURNAL OF BIOPHOTONICS 2(11), 682–692 (2009).
- V. Karasek, T. Cizmar, O. Brzobohaty, P. Zemanek, V. Garces-Chavez, and K. Dholakia, “Long-range one-dimensional longitudinal optical binding,” PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 101(14) (2008).
- T. Cizmar, V. Kollarova, X. Tsampoula, F. Gunn-Moore, W. Sibbett, Z. Bouchal, and K. Dholakia, “Generation of multiple Bessel beams for a biophotonics workstation,” OPTICS EXPRESS 16(18), 14,024–14,035 (2008).
- T. Cizmar, M. Siler, M. Sery, P. Zemanek, V. Garces-Chavez, and K. Dholakia, “Optical sorting and detection of submicrometer objects in a motional standing wave,” PHYSICAL REVIEW B 74(3) (2006).
- T. Cizmar, V. Garces-Chavez, K. Dholakia, and P. Zemanek, “Optical conveyor belt for delivery of submicron objects,” APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 86(17) (2005).
Review papers and book chapters
- K. Dholakia, and T. Cizmar, “Shaping the future of manipulation,” NATURE PHOTONICS 5, 335– 342 (2011).
- T. Cizmar, L. C. Davila Romero, K. Dholakia and D. L. Andrews, “Multiple optical trapping and binding: new routes to self-assembly,” in Optofluidics: Fundamentals, Devices, and Applications, JOURNAL OF PHYSICS B, MOLECULAR AND OPTICAL PHYSICS 40(10) 10201 (2010).
- K. Dholakia, and T. Cizmar, “Optical manipulation and Applications in Optofluidics,” in Optofluidics: Fundamentals, Devices, and Applications, McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing, pp. 349–380 (2009).