Dr Charles Main
- Tel: 01382 386550
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Charles Main Division of Electronic Engineering and Physics Harris Building J1.6 University of Dundee Nethergate Dundee DD1 4HN
Dr Main is a member of the Semiconductor and Materials Physics group at Dundee University. His work encompasses experimental, analytical, and computer modelling aspects of the electronic and photoelectronic properties of disordered materials and devices.
He has developed (and continues to develop) numerical techniques for the elucidation of the electronic structure of photoconductive materials from their transient and modulated optical behaviour and has published and presented 200+ papers on his work. In 2007 he was visiting Professor at the University of Paris XI "Supelec" Grandes Ecole.
Prior to joining the faculty in 2005, Dr Main headed the amorphous semiconductor group at the University of Abertay Dundee, where he initiated and carried out international research collaborations with groups across Europe and in Canada. Before moving to Dundee, Dr Main was Senior Physicist for seven years with the West of Scotland Health Boards' Department of Clinical Physics and BioEngineering, carrying out research into biomaterials with applications in dentistry. Prior to this, Dr Main was an EPSRC Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh, focusing on phase-change and electronic switching and memory devices. Dr Main's doctoral work was carried out at Edinburgh University, on transport and conductivity fluctuations in semiconductors.
- Ph.D University of Edinburgh, Department of Electrical Engineering. "Photoconductivity and Noise in Amorphous Chalcogenide Semiconductors"
- B.Sc. Hons (1st) in Electrical Engineering. University of Edinburgh - Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic transport in Amorphous Semiconductors
- Numerical modelling of electronic properties of disordered materials
- Field emission devices
- 2007 Thermally stimulated currents in thin-film semiconductors; computer modelling and experiment, J. Opt. Adv. Mat 9, 114 - 120 Aneva, Z, Reynolds S, Souffi N, and Brüggemann, R.
- 2005 Electronic Characterisation and Modelling of Disordered Semiconductors. (Invited) in Nanostructured and Advanced Materials, Springer NATO Science series in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Marshall, J.M.
- 2004 Decay from steady-state photocurrent in amorphous semiconductors. (Invited) in Phys. Stat. Sol. (c) 1, 1194 - 1207.
- 2003 Determination of Defect Densities by Constant Photocurrent Method - Method - Comparison of AC and DC Methods, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 762, 131-136 Reynolds, S., Zrinšcak, I, and Merazga, A.