Dr Andrew Brennan
Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering
- Tel: 01382 384348
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Andrew Brennan Division of Civil Engineering Fulton Building, J14 University of Dundee Nethergate Dundee DD1 4HN
Andrew Brennan graduated from the University of Oxford in 1999 with a first class degree in Engineering Science before moving to the University of Cambridge to work on earthquake geotechnics and dynamic centrifuge modelling, first as a PhD student and then later as a Junior Research Fellow.
He joined the University of Dundee in 2005 as a University Lecturer in Geotechnical Engineering and is manager of the geotechnical centrifuge facility. He is currently on the Editorial Review Board for the International Journal of Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering, and sat on the Géotechnique Advisory Panel from 2008-2010. His research interests are in aspects of dynamic soil behaviour, particularly those associated with earthquakes or with offshore engineering applications.
- Earthquake-induced soil liquefaction
- Ground improvement in earthquake geotechnics
- Fault-soil-structure interaction
- Soil-pipeline interaction
- Geotechnical centrifuge modelling
- Bertalot, D., Brennan, A.J. & Villalobos, F.A. (2012) Influence of bearing pressure on liquefaction-induced settlement of shallow foundations. Géotechnique (in press)
- Palop, K., Ivanovic, A. & Brennan, A.J. (2012) Centrifuge modelling the non destructive testing of soil anchorages. ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering (in press)
- Bertalot, D., Brennan, A.J., Knappett, J.A., Muir Wood, D. & Villalobos, F.A. (2012) Use of centrifuge modelling to improve lessons learned from earthquake case histories. Proceedings European Conference on Centrifuge Modelling (Eurofuge 2012). Delft, May 2012.
- Brennan, A.J. & Madabhushi, S.P.G. (2011) Measurement of coefficient of consolidation during reconsolidation of liquefied sand. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal 34(2).
- Brennan, A.J. & Madabhushi, S.P.G. (2011) Drain groups in liquefiable soil. International Journal of Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering 2(1): 67-82
- Palop, K., Ivanovic, A., Brennan, A.J. & Neilson, R. (2010) Influence of an anchor head on detection of soil anchorage load. Proceedings of the International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, Zurich, June 2010. 1: 499-504
- Brennan, A.J., Thusyanthan, N.I. & Madabhushi, S.P.G. (2010) Influence of ground anchors on topographic amplification at slope crests. Proceedings of the International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, Zurich, June 2010. 2: 1101–1106.
- Brennan, A.J. & Madabhushi, S.P.G. (2009) Amplification of seismic accelerations at slope crests. Canadian Geotechnical Journal 46(5): 585-594.
- Ghahremani, M. & Brennan, A.J. (2009) Consolidation of lumpy clay backfill over buried pipelines. Proceedings of the ASME 28th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE 2009), Honolulu, Hawaii. Paper no. 79787.
- Brennan, A.J. & Cassidy, M.J. (2008) Cyclic load-response of unburied pipelines on silica sands. 2nd BGA International Conference on Foundations, Dundee, June 2008. BRE Press. 1: 801-812.