OtherResearch group: Construction and Project Management
Andy Munns is a Senior Lecturer in Project Management, having graduated with First Class Honours from Lanchester Polytechnic and an MSc in Project Management from Heriot Watt University. He has worked in the construction industry in the UK within both the public and private sectors, working as a professional advisor and on construction sites. He is currently Associate Dean in the School of Science and Engineering, with a responsibility for Quality and Academic Standards. In this role he has been responsible for leading programme reviews across the University for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrres. He is also currently the convenor of the University eLearning Sub-Committee. His research interests include student approaches to learning, student understanding of mathematics, human resources on projects, the leadership of projects, and the development of trust in the construction industry.
- MSc Project Management, Heriot Watt University
- BSc (Hons) Building, Lanchester Polytechnic
- Application and use of research in construction
- Leadership development in construction organisations
- Trust and mutual confidence in construction projects
- Leadership in project teams
- Ethical practice in construction
- Motivation and performance of students in engineering
- Hossain, M.K., and Munns, A.K., (2015) “Digital Engineering: A Case Study of the Implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Construction Projects.” 12th International Post-Graduate Research Conference, Salford, UK.
- Hossain, M.K., Munns A.K., and Rahman, M.M., “Enhancing Team Integration in Building Information Modelling (BIM) Projects.” Boyd, D. (Ed) ARCOM Doctoral Workshop on BIM Management and Interoperability 20th June 2013, Birmingham, UK, Association of Researchers in Construction Management, 78-92.
- C S Thomson, C.S. & Munns, A.K., “Managing the implementation of component innovation within construction projects.” In: Egbu, C. (Ed) Procs 26th Annual ARCOM Conference, 6-8 September 2010, Leeds, UK, Association of Researchers in Construction Management, 1121-1130
- Thomson, C.S. & Munns, A.K., “Successfully Implementing System Innovations Within the Construction Project Environment”at Association of Researchers in Construction Management, (September 2004, 839-846)
- Thomson, C.S. & Munns, A.K. (2004) Successfully implementing system innovations in the construction project environment. Proceedings of the 20th Annual Conference of the Association of Researchers in Construction Management, Vol.2, 839-846.
- Abukhder, J. & Munns, A.K. (2003) Attributing management problems on construction projects to project information. Proceedings of the 19th Annual Conference of the Association of Researchers in Construction Management, Vol.2, 543-552.
- Munns, A.K. (2001) Engineering students using project management to manage learning. Project Management Journal 32, 18-23.
- Munns, A.K. & Al-Haimus, K.M. (2000) Estimating using cost significant global cost models. Construction Management and Economics 18, 575-585.
- Munns, A.K., Aloquili, O. & Ramsey, B. (2000) Joint venture negotiation and managerial practices in the new countries of the former Soviet Union. International Journal of Project Management 18, 403-413.
- Munns A.K., "The Potential Influence of Trust on the Successful Completion of a Project", in International Journal of Project Management (1995, p19-24)
- Munns A.K., "Measuring Mutual Confidence in UK Construction Projects", in ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering (1996, p26-33)
- Munns A.K., & Bjeirmi B.F., "The Role of Project Management in Achieving Project Success", in International Journal of Project Management (1996, p81-88)