David Peattie Bursary 2020
£1,000 which is payable from first to fourth year of the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree, totalling £4,000 over the duration of the degree. The award will be paid to the successful recipient in three instalments each year (£500 at the end of November; £250 at the end of February and £250 at the end of April).
Level of Study
Mode of Study
Country of domicile
Eligible students will be living in Scotland, will meet Widening Access criteria and will be matriculating on to the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree course at the University of Dundee in September/October of the relevant academic year.
To continue to receive the award the recipient must progress successfully through each year of the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering. If you change to a different course, the recipient will no longer be eligible for the award.
The bursary has been established by an alumnus of the University to assist one student each year to access and go on to successfully complete our BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree.
There is one award of £1,000 which is payable for each year of the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree, totalling £4,000 over the duration of the degree. The award will be paid to the successful recipient in three instalments each year (£500 at the end of November; £250 at the end of February and £250 at the end of April).
Do I have to apply?
- Complete a statement in support of your scholarship application. The supporting statement should:
- be 300 to 700 words long,
- state the reasons why you feel you should be awarded this scholarship,
- show how the scholarship would make a difference to you,
- Please DO NOT use your UCAS application personal statement. Your supporting statement for scholarship should have a different emphasis to your application personal statement.
- Once you have your supporting statement prepared, you should email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please add David Peattie Bursary in the subject line. Please make sure we receive your email before the deadline of 13 November 2020.
- Once the scholarship panel have considered all eligible applications, we will be in touch by email to let you know the outcome.
For any enquiries linked directly to the scholarship or the application process, please email email@example.com