Occupational Health Service
We are here for your health. Come and talk to us.
Who we are
Isla Reid RGN,RMN, Dip. Occ. Health
Audrey Burns RGN,RMN
We are available on Level 1 of the Support Hub in the OTI Building. To make an appointment by telephone please call extension (3)86948 or (3)85410, or you can e-mail email@example.com.
What we offer
We offer an accessible but confidential service to all employees and give impartial advice to achieve the best interests of both employees and the University. You may be referred to us by Personnel Services, your Unit manager, Safety Services, or you may refer yourself.
Our main aims are to:
- provide advice and support relating to any adverse effects of work on health or health on work
- support managers in their responsibility for maintaining the health, safety and welfare of staff
- ensure that University achieves best practice in the management of occupational health risks.
- reduce ill-health absence and the incidence of work-related ill health.
The usual things we do are:
- Advice to individuals and Units, including referral to a physician if needed
- Proactive intervention in suitable cases of sickness absence
- Occupational health surveillance
- Assistance with rehabilitation, redeployment, ill-health retiral cases, and disability adjustments
- Employment health screening
- Organisation of first aid
- Hepatitis B Immunisations
- If you are upset by problems at work or at home you can talk to us in confidence
Employees should contact their own general practitioners about treatment and general health matters since Occupational Health can only provide a service for work-related issues.