University Staff will be able to use the new Resource Booker tool to:
- search for available rooms by room size, location of building, dates and times and/or AV/IT requirements, and submit a booking request;
- manage the bookings of any space of which they have control [SSOC initially; others to follow];
- manage other bookable resources [to follow]
If you have any module based teaching requests, see Central Timetabling information. If you are unable to use the Resource Booker facility, please see our ad hoc booking details below.
How to use the online booking system
Ad hoc booking
If you are unable to access Resource Booker room booking enquiries should be made to:
- +44 (0)1382 3 84939 / 85754 / 84886
Please remember to include the following details:
- Your name and who (if anyone else) you are making the booking for
- The date(s) on which you require the room
- The time you would like the booking to start (bookings will be taken to start on the hour unless specific reason is given)
- How long the room is needed for (bookings should finish at no later in the hour than five minutes to the hour, to allow change-over time for the next incoming class)
- Size of room needed
- Preference for the style of room
- Type and name of event that is being held
- Need for any equipment over and above that generally provided (see Audio/IT overview)
- FOR IT SUITE BOOKINGS: confirmation (if appropriate) that the IT suite is required for an examination
Cancelling your booking
Bookings made via Resource Booker can also be cancelled in Resource Booker. Log in, then click on My bookings at the left of the page.
Navigate to your booking on the calendar, click on the booking and then click ‘cancel booking’ on the pop up box. An email confirming the cancellation will be generated and sent to you.