The Web Room Bookings tool is used to book University based activities only. University Staff can use this tool to search for available centrally-managed rooms by room size, location of building, dates and times and submit a booking request.
If you have any module based teaching requests, see Central Timetabling information. If you have any student room booking requests, or are unable to use the online room booking facility, please see our ad hoc booking details below.
How to use the online booking system
Ad hoc booking
If you are unable to access Web Room Bookings (e.g. in the summer vacation when the on-line facilities are closed down, or when logging on from outside the University environment), room booking enquiries should be made to:
- +44 (0)1382 3 84939 / 85754 / 84886
Please remember to include the following details:
- Your name and who (if anyone else) you are making the booking for
- The date(s) on which you require the room
- The time you would like the booking to start (bookings will be taken to start on the hour unless specific reason is given)
- How long the room is needed for (bookings should finish at no later in the hour than five minutes to the hour, to allow change-over time for the next incoming class)
- Size of room needed
- Preference for the style of room
- Type of event that is being held, with a module code or course name if appropriate
- Need for any equipment over and above that generally provided (see Audio/IT overview)
- FOR IT SUITE BOOKINGS: confirmation (if appropriate) that the IT suite is required for an examination, and if so what type of software is to be used
Cancelling your booking
Bookings made via Web Room Bookings can also be cancelled via WRBs. Log in, then click on My bookings link at the bottom of the page to see your bookings.
Click on the right-hand button Cancel then Yes when asked if you are sure you wish to cancel. An email confirming the cancellation will be generated and sent to you.
If the booking to be cancelled was made in the central timetabling exercise, or was an ad hoc booking made via e-mail or telephone, please email email@example.com with the following details:
- Room originally booked
- Date and time of the booking
- Reason for cancellation
- Whether a multi-week booking is cancelled temporarily (for one week only) or permanently (can be cancelled for the remaining weeks of the original booking in question)