Welcome to the webpages of the Public Engagement team at the University of Dundee. Jon and Shabnam advise and support all staff and students in their public engagement and community engagement.
We work with researchers from all Schools and Directorates and recognise the importance of sharing and involving others in our research, cultural engagement and scholarship.
Throughout the year we run regular events such as Discovery Days, Bright Club, Dundee Arts Café and Café Science Dundee, to showcase the University's success stories to external audiences. We provide advice and training for academic staff looking to engage with public audiences, and lead the University’s community engagement programme with local partners.
There are many different ways that you can engage with non-specialist audiences. These include public lectures, school workshops, festivals, working with policy makers, and involving the public in your research project - known as Engaged Research.
We support public engagement by
- Leading on work to embed public engagement across the University.
- Working with local partners and communities to assess need, and increasing engagement with local communities.
- Enhancing professional development through training.
- Communicating and sharing our public engagement successes.
- Co-ordinating and promoting events.