We are the Public Engagement with Research team at the University of Dundee. Jon and Shabnam provide a range of services that support all staff and students in their public engagement and research activities.
We work with researchers from all subjects from arts & design, humanities & social sciences to computing, biomedical and physical sciences. We recognise the importance of sharing our research to wider audiences, and involving others in our research.
We run events such as Discovery Days, Bright Club, Arts Café and Café Science, which showcase research from across the University to the public. We provide advice and training for academic staff looking to engage with the public, and lead the University’s community engagement programme with local partners.
There are many different ways that you can engage with non-specialist audiences. These include public lectures, school workshops, festivals, working with policy makers and involving the public in your research project - known as Engaged Research.
How we support public engagement
- Leading on embedding public engagement across the University.
- Enhancing professional development through training.
- Co-ordinating and promoting events.
- Supporting you in securing public engagement funding.
- Communicating and sharing our public engagement successes.