Research and Innovation Services work with academics across all the Schools to develop research portfolios, help secure funding, promote commercialisation and manage your grants and contracts.
RIS Forms and links
- New projects - PRF - Project Registration Form
- New ideas - IDF - Invention Disclosure Form
- Transfer material - MTA - Material Transfer Agreement
- Funding for Research - Visit RESEARCHconnect
- Research Commercialisation - IP, licensing, consultancy, KTPs, industry collaborations
- Find the relevant Research Development Manager for your School
- part of DIF (Dundee Interdisciplinary Forum)
On Wednesday 20th September 2017, RIS are welcoming Blazej Thomas, European Advisor for UK Research Office (UKRO), to Dundee to share his knowledge and experience, with topics including European funding, H2020 and the next framework programme (FP9), and the European Research Council (ERC) 2018 work programme.
The day is being split into three sessions, open to different audiences:
10:00 - 13:00 - European Funding Strategy Meeting
- Open to ADRs only
- Lunch provided
- Details and register on Eventbrite
13:00 - 14:30 - Horizon 2020 Funding Information
- Open to all
- Refreshments provided
- Details and register on Eventbrite
15:00 - 17:00 - MSCA/ERC 1-2-1 Surgery
- Booked 1-2-1 sessions only
- UKRO are the UK National Contact point for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) and the European Research Council (ERC) Grants. Blazej will be available for 1-2-1 sessions with potential MSCA/ERC applicants to answer questions and provide advice.
- email Joanne Butterworth for availability
Places are limited so to secure your place please register using the Eventbrite links above before Wednesday 13th September.
Any queries, please contact Joanne Butterworth at RIS.
RSE Enterprise Fellowship Application Preparation Workshop
On Thursday 21st September, find out about Royal Society of Edinburgh Enterprise Fellowships at a workshop hosted by the Centre of Entrepreneurship at the University. The workshop will address:
- key aspects of the application form
- key fundamental principles of successful commercialisation
- advice on how to communicate your technology clearly to non-specialists
- effective structure of the presentation and commonly asked questions
The session will be presented by Dr Kevin Parker and Dr Tony Aldhous of KKI Associates Ltd, who have a cumulative experience of 40 years in technology transfer, including some 250 individual spin-out projects across a range of technologies.
To register, visit: RSE Eventbrite
Open Access Scotland Group Meeting
On Thursday 28th September, the Open Access Scotland Group are hosting a meeting with the Library and Learning Centre at Dundee. The meeting is open to everyone. It is an opportunity to discuss all things Open Access, and participants can put forward questions or themes for discussion.
To register, visit: Open Access Scotland Eventbrite
To find out more about Open Access Scotland, visit: oascotland.wordpress.com/
- Orla Kelly, September 2017
Universities all over the world are benefiting from industry collaboration, and the University of Dundee is one of the UK's top performers when it comes to innovative partnerships with local and global businesses.
We're ranked 2nd in Scotland and in the Top 10 in the UK for industry income, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018, reflecting the quality and impact of our research beyond academia.
- Orla Kelly, June 2017
The University of Dundee is Scotland's 'Most Innovative University' for the second year running, putting us among the top universities in Europe that are “doing the most to advance science, invent new technologies, and help drive the global economy”.
Uncover some of the ways that we support innovative collaborations, form new business and make an impact.
Ten partnership building projects have been awarded internal Pump-Priming Funding from the University's SFC GCRF funding allocation. The aim of the awards is to enhance our ability to respond to funding opportunities under the UK Government's Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF).
- Grant Davidson, April 2017
RIS has recently expanded, bringing expertise in-house to help with your EU funding bids. We're here to help you navigate through Brexit and our future with European funding and collaborations. Our new Proposal Development Manager, Grant Davidson, tells us more in his blog about Article 50 and EU funding.
Research & Innovation Services
University of Dundee
11 Perth Road
Dundee DD1 4HN
+44 (0)1382 384664
Fax: +44(0)1382 385423