We provide a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment in which ideas are generated, communicated and realised, and we are constantly developing new research technologies to support our work as well as that of international researchers. We are always keen to collaborate with and train creative minds from across the world.
Dundee ranks in the top 5 Scottish universities in various disciplines. Research assessment in terms of citations per paper - the most commonly used general measure of quality and impact - rates Biological Sciences at Dundee Number 1 in the UK and Number 9 in the world. This also places Dundee at the top of the league of Universities outside the United States.
Our Research Staff
Among our current staff are:
- Knights and Dames
- 4 Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
- 10 Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- Regius Professor in Life Sciences
- 17 Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences (FMedSci)
- 13 Fellows of the Royal Society (FRS)
- 46 Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (FRSE)
- 31 Fellows of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
Over 30% of our total income is made up of research grants and contracts income with 44% of our staff are being research only (source: Heidi).