As a matriculated graduating student you are required to pay a tuition fee which is dependent on your fee status.

Your fee status is confirmed in our communication with you during the application process. The tuition fee includes use of laboratories, IT and library provision and first attempt for each subject of a degree examination. Part-time and non-graduating students pay a reduced fee depending on duration of study and/or number of modules studied.

If you are studying elsewhere as part of your programme you still need to pay tuition fees and should apply to your funding authority in the normal way.

Information on how and when to pay is included in our communications to you during the admissions process. You need to pay each year’s fee in full at the start of every academic year or, if you are a UK/EU student, make an arrangement to pay the fees by an approved instalment plan, normally direct debit. Payment is also possible by credit card. If you are being funded by a sponsor, e.g. SAAS, Local Education Authority, government body or private corporation you should ensure payment will be made on your behalf at matriculation. If payment has not been received by 1 December in any year you will be deemed personally liable for the full tuition fee.

The University of Dundee, in common with other UK universities, charges tuition fees at a higher rate for students classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes than to those classified as 'home' (or 'Scottish/EU') and Rest of UK (English/Welsh/Northern Irish) fee students.

If you have a sponsor, you must make sure that the Registry knows the full and correct name and address of the company or other organisations concerned.  You will need to tell Registry staff, if your sponsor changes or stops sponsoring you.

Fee Status

Your fee status is decided at the point of admission, when you apply to the University, using information you gave us at that time. 

Fee status is only reassessed in a small number of cases where a student’s circumstances have substantially materially changed, for example where a current student is granted refugee/asylum status. 

Other Fees / Administrative Charges

In addition to payment of tuition fees (see Home & Overseas Rates), some students may need to pay other fees / administrative charges

You can contact Registry staff via the Enquiry Centre