Research Degrees Provision
- How to Apply
- PhD Generic Skills Training
- Research Degree Regulations
- Research Degrees Quality Code
- Student Progression (Upgrade Review)
- Submission of Research Theses
- Examiner's Report Forms
- Research Degree Viva Examination Forms
Further Information for Postgraduate Students
Higher Degrees - Regulations
- Higher Degree General Regulations
- Admission of Research Students
- Maximum Periods of Study
- Form and Presentation of Theses for Higher Degrees
- Postgraduate Appeals Procedure
- PhD Regulations
- Professional Doctorate Degrees Regulations
- PhD by Publication Regulations
- MPhil Regulations
- Postgraduate Research Masters Degrees Regulations
- Taught Postgraduate Masters Degrees Regulations
Submission of Research Theses
Intention to submit
An intention to submit form (.pdf, 232.6 kB) is available for downloading online.
For the purposes of initial submission to the examiners, copies of the thesis may be submitted in temporary bindings. Following the acknowledgements, if any, there shall be (a) a signed declaration, that the candidate is the author of the thesis; that, unless otherwise stated, all references cited have been consulted by the candidate; that the work of which the thesis is a record has been done by the candidate, and that it has not been previously accepted for a higher degree: provided that if the thesis is based upon joint research, the nature and extent of the candidate's individual contribution shall be defined; (b) where appropriate, a signed statement by the supervisor that the conditions of the relevant Ordinance and Regulations have been fulfilled.
Number of copies required is as follows:
One copy only should be lodged with the Postgraduate Office for onward transmission to the External Examiner. You will be required to complete the Higher Degree Schedule on submission of your thesis.
Electronic SubmissionThe University of Dundee requires that following final examination, and including any required corrections, a digital version of your thesis should be submitted to the University's institutional repository Discovery
Instructions on how to submit your thesis can be found on the Library web pages.
If further information is required about the procedure for the submission of dissertations or theses, please contact the Student Records Office, Registry, or consult the specific Regulations in the University Calendar. More information on electronic submission can be found at discovery.dundee.ac.uk