Student representation is a key element of student engagement. The University has worked with the Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA) to produce a strategic documents including the Student Voice and Representation Agreement which is fully aligned with our Student Partnership Agreement.
The Joint Agreement includes the following commitments:
- DUSA and the University will collaborate to enhance student representation at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- The University and its staff will promote and engage with student representation via forums such as: student-staff liaison committees; School- and University-level committees and their working groups; periodic programme review boards and PSRB accreditation events
- DUSA will encourage student representatives to contribute fully to such forums and the University will assist in the training of representatives where appropriate
- DUSA will encourage students to provide constructive feedback at all levels, both via internal processes (for example module and programme feedback) and via national surveys (for example, National Student Survey, Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, Postgraduate Research Experience Survey and the International Student Barometer)
- The University and its staff will respond timeously and constructively to issues raised by students and will report back on actions taken
- The University will assist DUSA to run elections for representative posts, including delegating staff to act as returning officers and to support online electoral systems
- Staff in the Academic and Corporate Governance Directorate will be available to provide advice on representation issues to DUSA when required and similarly the DUSA executive will provide advice on representation issues to University staff
- The University and DUSA will together engage with national initiatives such as the QAA Quality Enhancement Themes and with national bodies, such as the QAA,sparqs (student participation in quality Scotland and the Higher Education Academy
The Student Voice is an annual publication co-created by DUSA and the University. It is a short flyer-type publication designed to raise awareness of student representation structures and opportunities to become student representatives.
The Student Voice is a short flyer-type publication designed to raise awareness of student representation structures and opportunities to become student representativesPromotional material