Teaching and assessment for Augmentative & Alternative Communication MSc
You will be taught using methods such as:
- lectures and seminars
- class group work
- site visit
- research seminars by invited speakers
- training and developmental opportunities (e.g. careers, CVs, presentation and interview skills)
You’ll also take part in the fortnightly meetings of the Straight Talking Group which is an expert user group of individuals using AAC. This group works with researchers to evaluate and develop AAC technology and to support the teaching activities on the course.
Most of our assessments are coursework-based and include:
- small seminar-style presentations
- statistics exercises and quizzes
- research proposals and reports
- poster presentation
- usability design projects
- research dissertation
These modules are an essential part of your course.
You need to choose one or more of these modules as part of your course.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, studying, or living in Dundee, please contact us