Specifically dedicated to continental approaches to creativity and imagination, this programme is one of a kind in the UK. It is designed to provide you with an understanding of the roles of creativity and imagination in artistic, social and cultural contexts.
This degree offers specialist interdisciplinary study within Philosophy and English Studies. It brings together modules addressing the interrelations between literary practice and philosophical perspectives.
Philosophy contributes to this highly interdisciplinary course, combining studio art and masters level modules in the humanities. Embracing all forms of Fine Art practice - traditional and contemporary - and celebrating the inherent diversity in each year's participants.
All of our postgraduate courses offer students the opportunity of advanced philosophical study which may serve as the grounding for PhD research. This will entail a broadening of students' intellectual horizons, a deepening of their critical responses, and the development of their skills of research, reflection and presentation.
Philosophy Research Degrees
We provide expert supervision in a wide range of areas if you are considering studying for a PhD. Our staff are all very active in research, producing work of internationally recognised quality. A full-time PhD degree lasts three years (part-time five years) and involves detailed study of a topic leading to a thesis of 80-100,000 words. Our students benefit from our School being a member of the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) who support world-leading doctoral training in the arts and humanities across Scotland. More ...
To find out more ...
- Visit the relevant course pages on the online University Prospectus (links also above) to find out:
- academic entrance requirements
- English Language requirements
- full details about what you will study
- fees information
- how to apply
- Find out about scholarships available for students studying Philosophy
- Read more about our one-stop compact city campus - virtually traffic-free, with attractive landscaped spaces
- Discover the City of Dundee - small and friendly