Information for Current Students
Welcome to Philosophy in the School of Humanities! The links below will help you access information about your degree programme, student representation at the University of Dundee and some of the support services that are available to you.
All information for current students is held on the School of Humanities My Dundee site (situated in the My Groups and Communities section of your My Dundee homepage).
This includes School Policies and Statements, including:
- Essay Return Policy
- Ethical Approval Procedure
- Plagiarism Register Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Mitigating Circumstances Process and form
- Marking Policy (Levels 3 & 4)
You can also find some important information for current students under the For Undergraduates and For Postgraduates tabs above.
Detailed information on Student Representation is available from the Humanities My Dundee site, including details of the current Student Presidents, Discipline and Class Reps, and the Staff-Student Liaison Committees.
- Student Representation within DUSA
- Student Representation: Joint Statement from DUSA and the University
- Student Participation in Quality Scotland
- The School Office on the first floor of the Tower Building should be your first port of call with any questions about your course, or any other University matter. Just pop in, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Services support students who have personal, financial, health, disability or work related problems but they also seek to help all students learn the personal skills needed to build the lives and careers they want. Being at University is about seeking out and responding to opportunities in all spheres of life, not just academic work. The Enquiry Centre is the place to go if you are unsure who to speak to in Student Services.
- The Chaplaincy Centre - situated right in the heart of the main University campus. There is a team ministry in the Chaplaincy consisting of a full-time Chaplain and a number of honorary and associate Chaplains from different denominations and faiths.
- UoD IT - can help you with any IT related queries and they provide Wi-Fi across campus, and in excess of 600 PCs in IT Suites which are distributed across the University's campuses. These suites offer students a wide range of software and non-profit making printing facilities set within a pleasant and healthy atmosphere.
- Library and Learning Centre - The Library provides online and face-to-face support to help you find the resources that you will need to successfully complete your studies. As well as lending books they provide quiet and group study areas, have electronic resources (databases, e-books and e-journals), and can provide guidance on how to find further resources for your subject area.
- Module Information
- Library Resources for Philosophy students
- Careers Resources for Humanities students
- Exam Timetable (Registry)
- Past exam papers are available in the Library, and on the VLE (My Dundee)
Important Documents - from the School Office
- Postgraduate Facilities
- Generic Skills Training
- Postgraduate Forum - regular internal research forum
- Postgraduate Conference - the School's annual interdisciplinary conference, held in May
- Quality Assurance for Research Degrees
- Information from Student Registry
- University Calendar - includes MPhil and PhD Regulations
- Research Professional - for research news, funding opportunities etc