China Scholarship Council (CSC) Programme
The Chinese Scholarship Council provides opportunities for Chinese Students to undertake a PhD programme in any research field at the School of Life Sciences and the School of Science and Engineering. Successful applicants will receive support to enter the China Scholarship Council (CSC) competition scheme.
The University of Dundee, joint with the China Scholarship Council (CSC), is proud to be able to offer a scholarship programme for PhD students.
The scholarship covers all tuition fees and research fees and provides living expenses and one return flight ticket to successful candidates.
There are up to 10 scholarships of 4 years duration available.
In order to be eligible for these awards applicants must:
- be a Chinese national
- meet the requirements of the CSC
- hold an unconditional offer to study for a PhD at the University of Dundee and meet our English language requirements
- have completed a bachelors or masters degree before the agreed start of PhD study
- Already have an IELTS score of 6.5 at time of applying
We have opportunities available in both the School of Life Sciences and the School of Science and Engineering.
Choose the University of Dundee for your research journey
- Flourish in a welcoming culture of excellence, developing research skills and competencies in leadership, management and communication.
- Experience world-leading scientific research in first-class training environments, with excellent core facilities and well-funded research groups.
- Develop personally and professionally by attending professional development training.
- Receive support from your supervisors and access additional support via Student Services, International Advice Service and Doctoral Academy.
- Participate in annual research symposia, school-led research seminars and other postgraduate research student activities.
How to apply
The application is a two-stage process. Candidates apply to the University of Dundee and CSC separately.
Stage 1: Apply to the University of Dundee
Potential applicants should first apply for a School of Science and Engineering or a School of Life Sciences PhD, stating clearly on the application form that they wish to apply for CSC funding.
Successful candidates will be given an unconditional offer from the University of Dundee, clarifying that tuition fees and local research costs will be waived upon gaining a CSC Scholarship. CSC will be issued a copy of the offer letter.
Stage 2: Apply to the China Scholarship Council (CSC)
After receiving the unconditional offer letter from the University of Dundee, candidates must apply to CSC for funding by completing an application.