Education, School of Education and Social Work
+44 (0)1382 381520
Old Medical School
Susan is a graduate of the University of Edinburgh (1981) and Moray House College of Education (1982); completing a BSc (Soc Sci) and a primary education teaching qualification. She spent19 years as a primary school teacher and latterly as a Headteacher in Fife.
Susan then moved to the voluntary sector as Head of Education for the Church of Scotland, where she providing professional support & advice to the Church of Scotland in all matters relating to education (nursery to tertiary) and on equality & diversity issues. She worked closely with faith leaders and faith communities.
This was followed by a short contract with Learning & Teaching Scotland as part of the National Priorities team prior to taking up her current post at the University of Dundee in 2006, as Lecturer with responsibility for Religious & Moral Education (RME).
Degrees & Qualifications
- LTA in Higher Education: University of Dundee
- PGDE (Primary): Moray House College of Education
- BSc (Soc Sci): University of Edinburgh
- Reflection & Creative Assessment in Higher Education
- Views of faith communities about Curriculum for Excellence
- RME: BEd, MA(Hons) Education & PGDE(P)
- Equality & Diversity: BEd, MA(Hons) Education & PGDE(P)
- Global Learning : BEd
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Trustee: Christian Education Movement (CEM)
- Scottish Joint Committee on Religious & Moral Education (SJCRME)
Professional & Public Engagement
- Adjudication Panel of the General Teaching Council Scotland
- Module Leader BEd 2 RME Elective
- Module Leader MA (Hons) Education Yr 1 Curriculum Module
- Curriculum Leader - RME