+44 (0)1382 384789
1-3 Perth Road
Lissa is Associate Dean for Education, Learning & Teaching and is a Reader in Managment in the School of Business.
An English graduate, she has a PhD in Audit Education and continues to undertake research in Skills Acquisition and transition to Employment, as well as embanding digital skills into the curriculum. Lissa supervise PhD's in various business educational aspects.
Her teaching is in Governance and Business Ethics and sustainabilty - and is keen to expand her research in this. Several of her PhD's students are in this area.
More recently Lissa has developed an interest in Sports leadership.
Summary of research expertise
- Graduate skills acquisition
- Educational transitions
- Sports leadership
- L. Crawford, K. Falgi, C. Helliar, E Monk, C. Teodori, M.Veneziani, S. Wanyama. IAAER/ACCA International accounting education standards. IAAER/ACCA Grant Program for Research on International Accounting Education Standards - 25,000 dollars (2008/10)
- M. Mina, EA Monk, CV Helliar, Corporate Governance developments in the Latin American Andean region, ICAS Seedcorn Grant, 2008
- C V Helliar, E A Monk, L A Stevenson (with C Allison, St Andrews University), "Investigating Auditing Skills in an Internet Environment", ICAS, £ 8,450, 2001-2004
- Managing and Leading in Sports
- Corporate Governance
- Stakeholder Management and Business Ethics