- MA in Psychology with German
- MSc in Psychological Research Methods
- Scottish Graduate School of Social Science funded PhD studentship in Psychology (Supervisors: Dr Yuki Kamide; Dr Alissa Melinger)
My PhD research investigates talker adaptation in dialectal communication. I am developing a new experimental paradigm which combines elements of language comprehension and production. Through this project I aim to understand how conversation partners from different dialectal backgrounds can communicate successfully with one another. I focus particularly on interaction between Scottish dialect users and speakers of so-called 'standard' English.
My secondary interest lies in studying patterns of suicidal behaviour. During my MSc practicum I co-authored a paper investigating the influence of ecological factors on suicide attempts at a local area of interest. I believe strongly in replacing the stigma around suicide with frank, considerate and scientifically informed discussion.
- Psychological Research Skills (Level 3)
- Understanding the Mind (Level 2)
- Introductory Psychology (Level 1)
- Access Summer School (Applicants)
- Caet Lab skills training (UG and PG students)