Dr Duncan Mercieca
Education, School of Education and Social Work
+44 (0)1382 388440
Old Medical School
Duncan Mercieca is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Dundee. He studied at the University of Malta, the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom and Stirling University in Scotland. Before joining the School of Education and Social Work, he had experiences teaching in Primary, Secondary, Post-Secondary and Special Education settings. He was Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Education and Head of Department of Education Studies at the University of Malta.
His current interests are:
- The concepts of becoming in educational contexts;
- Ethical and philosophical issues in education;
- Issues of diversity and otherness;
- Issues of inclusion and disability;
- Critique of educational research and its 'methods';
- Children’s voices and listening;
- Initial teacher education.